Do I need a furnace tune up? Just like any other piece of machinery your furnace requires regular maintenance to keep it running healthily and efficiently, experts recommend that you have a furnace tune-up once a year to keep it running in top condition. If you haven’t scheduled a technician to tune-up your furnace recently we recommend you do so immediately, failure to do so could be costing you money.
What will the technician do when providing a furnace tune-up?
- Check the thermostat – If your thermostat settings are incorrect you could be losing money. The technician will check your settings are keeping you comfortable while not costing you.
- Lubricate moving parts – Without lubrication the moving parts in your furnace may seize up.
- Check and replace filters as required – A clogged air filter could cause your furnace to stop working and may also reduce the air quality in your home.
- Tighten electrical connections – Loose electrical connections can cause faults and even fires if not properly tightened up.
These are just a few of the ways that a technician will help your furnace operate at peak efficiency. A technician will look at all these plus at least another ten areas where your furnace could potentially go wrong.
Why is a furnace tune-up so important?
- Improved safety – While such incidences are rare, some problems with your furnace could potentially reduce the air quality in your home or even cause a fire. By having your furnace maintained annually you will make sure any problems are spotted before they become an issue.
- Help your furnace live longer – Investing in a furnace tune-up can increase the working life of your furnace, potentially putting the expensive replacement furnace back by many years.
- Increased efficiency – A healthy furnace is an efficient furnace – and an efficient furnace is a cheap furnace. By keeping your furnace well maintained your monthly energy bills will be kept low.
Pacific Aire, Inc has been proudly serving the Ventura County area since 1990. If you have any questions regarding a furnace tune-up or concerning any other heating, ventilation or air conditioning issue then please do not hesitate to contact us.