Ductwork is one of those things that we typically don’t think about until it’s too late. If you don’t regularly inspect your ducts for corrosion, leaks or obstructions, you could be paying for it via high utility bills or costly repairs.
Routine maintenance of your HVAC system is one of the most important things that you can do to keep your home running efficiently. If it’s been a while since you replaced your ductwork, you may be long overdue for an exchange. Here are seven signs that it’s time for a change:
- Your energy bills have recently begun to increase for no apparent reason. Slow, steady increases in your heating bills could be the result of duct issues.
- The temperature in your home is inconsistent. If some rooms are warmer or colder than others, it could be a sign that your ductwork isn’t performing at peak capacity.
- You haven’t replaced your ducts in a decade or more. If it’s been more than 10 years since it’s had an overhaul, your insulation isn’t as efficient as it should be.
- You’ve been itching and sneezing more than normal. Dirty systems are a breeding ground for dust, mold and other allergens.
- It’s visibly corroding. Take a look at your duct equipment and search for any signs of rust or disconnected joints. If it looks beat up, it’s time to replace.
- You have an unexplained rodent problem. Vermin like mice like to hang out in heating ducts. If you see any signs of mice or rats, you may need to change out your duct system.
- You’re dusting more often than normal. A dusty home frequently indicates that it’s time to clean or replace your ductwork.
Do you have questions about the maintenance, restoration or replacement of your HVAC system? The professional staff at Pacific Aire is here to help, no matter what your heating and cooling needs may be. Proudly serving folks in the Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, we’re here whenever you need us. Give us a call today and say goodbye to mold, dust and high utility bills.
Image via Shutterstock.com